Thursday, November 19, 2009

The British do make me want to cry and laugh at the same time. I don't know whether these newspapers of theirs are plain stupid or if the readers of them are.

But this is about the war in Afghanistan.

What am I referring to though? Well, it's a war, yet these newspapers and their followers seem always so agog that THEIR soldiers are being killed. How dare the enemy have guns and other things that can be used to kill?!?! How WHEN WHY?!?? Well, the thing about wars, my dear ignorant people and I come from a country with NO army, is that people die. On both sides and sometimes(and this is the more tragic thing about it) the people in the middle as well. And just to let you know the British army account for 9% of the total allied forces over there.

Sorry.

I do feel sorry for the families, the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, husbands, wifes, partners and children.

BUT, in my understanding of it, when you sign for the army you practically sign your own suicide note. You should know that there is the very very likely possibility that you might get killed either by the enemy or in some cases by a fuck up on your own side.

I am not tackling the issue of whether they should be there or not. If they've got the right equipment or not and so on. That is not my point.

Sorry.

War is shit and the sooner all of us collectively realise that... the better. I'll just let Bill Hicks say it:



No comments: